Thursday 22 January 2009

Friends reunited after 25 years



Received this email from Amanda Weight one of our exhibitors in the Graduate Show and I would like to share it with you -

"When The Gallery at Bevere posted the names of the Graduate Show exhibitors on the web site they contacted me to say that one of the other artists, Annabelle Elletson, wanted to get in touch. I was amazed and thrilled because Annabelle and I used to work together restoring antique china in a studio in Battersea and we lost touch when I left in 1984!

I immediately rang Annabelle and we arranged to meet at the exhibition opening. She hasn’t changed a jot, and over a coffee we filled each other in on the main events of the missing 25 years. Having both brought up our children, 4 for her and 2 for me, amazingly we both made the same decision to go to university, Annabelle to study fine art at Hereford and me, ceramics at Farnham and by sheer coincidence we were both selected to exhibit at the same exhibition at Bevere.

Since our meeting I have now been contacted by another member of the studio and we are planning a reunion for all 6 of the restorers who worked together all those years ago. What a small world!"

No comments:

Post a Comment